After spending years of reading, consuming and immersing myself in others’ blogs, I thought now would be a great time to begin my own blog.
This blog is a place to —
- Collaboratively explore and share cool ideas, thoughts and resources. Any comments or posts which detract from that will be removed – immediately.
- Crowdsource feedback on thoughts and ideas
- Collectively solidify and articulate understanding of various educational philosophies and teaching methods
- Find inspiration and encouragement towards one’s goals
- Engage in healthy disagreement and challenging of ideas
- A medium to marginalize, negatively criticize any one individual or group of persons
Finally, I would like to preface this blog by saying that musings contained in this blog are my own and do not reflect that of my employer. Now that we have that out of the way, back to business.
While I’ve always wanted to start my own blog, finding the courage, motivation and time to write one has been a struggle. I might also note I’ve considered blogging to be one of those things set aside for those with outstanding writing skills, those for whom words just flow. Yet and still, this is something I’ve wanted to do for some time now, but either lacked the time, energy or quite frankly — the guts.
What I hope to gain from this blog is a safe space to collaborate and share ideas with other like-minded educators and professionals. At any time, you can expect to find a wide range of topics covered here, ranging from principles of leadership, to what I’m learning now, to projects I’m currently working on, to instructional videos on the latest technology tools, not to mention app and book reviews.
Needless to say, I’m excited about this first post and hope that I can use this as a medium to enhance my writing, as well as move from being a consumer of information and ideas to a creator of ideas and thought, a catalyst to spark the thoughts of others. Feel free to leave me a comment and I will do my best to reply.
til next time,
– theberknologist has spoken
The Berknologist Speaks by Dawn Berkeley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.theberknologistspeaks.wordpress.com.